Sunday, March 29, 2009

One of those cards that "morph" into something else


Hi All!
Here's one of those cards that seem to change itself. I had originally wanted to make a "setting sun" behind the buck on this card, but was having issues on getting it like I wanted it. Then I thought, why not just make a black and white card out of it? So, I stamped, with Black Staz-on, the tree and grass on glossy white cardstock and then stamped the buck to make him look like he was in the grass. This focal piece is popped with dimensionals. The ribbon came about as a "happy accident" in that I had started to use non-SU ribbon (I know . . . bad girl), but then thought, why not make a 5/8 ribbon out of two kinds of SU ribbon? So the black gingham and grosgrain became my faux 5/8 inch ribbon. The sentiment is from On Your Birthday.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Nature Silhouettes and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White and Glossy White
Ink: Staz-on Black and Basic Black
Accessories: Black Gingham and Grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

No comments: