Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hello!!!




Where does the time go? I thought I was going to be able to keep up with this blog, but, as we all know, time does fly.



Anyway, I just finished a class yesterday and wanted to share a card we did. I'll post a different card each day. My second class will also do these cards next week, but I'm sure they won't mind a sneak peek at them.


This card started out as the "brayered sky" technique (www.splitcoaststampers.com) under their resources. Well, I must be brayer challenged, because I couldn't get the sky to come out right for anything! So, I thought, why not try sponges and see what I come up with? I used the same technique with the brayered sky technique, tearing the paper to use as a mask for the sky, masking for the "sun", etc., using lightest to darkest ink. I used the other half of the torn paper as a mask to sponge the grass, stamping the trees and sentiment with Basic Black ink. It goes really quickly and even the ladies who thought it was going to be hard to do told me it really was easy!

Recipe:

Stamp Set: Lovely as a Tree and All Holidays

Cardstock: So Saffron, Basic Black and Glossy White

Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard, Really Rust, Old Olive, Basic Black

Accessories: Sponges, 1 inch punch, post-it note (for sun)

Hope you enjoy this card. Have a good time stamping!!!

No comments: