Sunday, March 28, 2010

Giggles Good-bye "Bard"


Hi Everyone!

I'm sure you are wondering what a "bard" is, right? It's a card that is turned into a book for everyone to sign when you are leaving your job.
I made this adorable bee using Gretchen Barron's tutorial. The sky was sponged with Bashful Blue, also using a technique Gretchen has on her blog (I now have my own "mutual turtle") -- once you go on her blog, you'll know what I'm taking about -- he, he, he. That woman is an amazing stamper and artist!!! You can see her blog at: http://www.gretchenbarron.typepad.com/. Her tutorials are VERY reasonably priced and you get a serious amount of photos and instruction.
On the pages of the "bard" I stamped different flowers as I was using a theme of "spring" and a new beginning for my friend Dawn and her fiance (of which, I didn't have the sense to photograph . . . ) and then matted them with different nestabilities and SU border punches. I am going to recreate a few of the flowers for cards as I had a ball stamping and coloring them. The side of the "bard" is bound using the Bind-It-All and I tied discontinued SU organdy ribbon on the side. The flower is punched with the new flower punch and the leaves are from the bird punch, both in the Occasions mini.
Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think about my "bard!" :-D
Rubber Hugs,
Wanda

No comments: